🧵 Idea #3: Threadster.co - Twitter Threads as a Service
Grow your Twitter Audience with Bespoke Twitter Threads
Hey maker gang!
I tried an experiment this week and wrote this issue as a Twitter thread first. Don’t worry, you are still the first ones getting this idea. The reason I did this was to force me to write succinctly - and I think it worked! I did this so you get less talk and more idea. Let me know what you think! Onto this week’s idea!
|🦉 The Background StoryThreads are an effective way to build your audience. They get 63% more impressions and 54% more engagement than a single tweet with a link. People are using them to gain new followers and be more visible to existing ones (via Buffer).Masters of ThreadsA few people that got me excited about threads 🤓
- @JoePompliano - little known facts about very well known people (sports)
- @ryangum - insights into his business Teachable
- @austin_rief - learnings from building Morning Brew
|🐣 How to execute on this idea?I would build this as a hybrid between a productized service and a sellable inventory. I'd start with the productized service to build a personal relationship with your customers and learn about what content works best for them. Let me explain:
- ✍️ Bespoke Twitter Threads
- Build a form using Typeform: Ask about their niche, get their Twitter handle, let them pick a thread type: Story, Tutorial, Summary, Roundup (add examples).
- Each type is priced differently.
- Connect Stripe to Typeform to take care of payments.
- 🛒 Inventory Twitter Threads
- As you grow, you can add a ready to tweet inventory. This can be a nice addition to your income and can help grow your customer base. You can have different price points per thread type similar to bespoke.
|🧐 How to validate it
- Validate by building the form (should take 5 minutes).
- Reach out to people that are actively building an audience on Twitter (people active in replies, tweeting a lot, already using threads).
- Offer them your service
|🚀 Distribution channels
- Use my research above to build a killer sales page explaining the benefits of Twitter threads.
- Leverage word of mouth: give people a discount/free thread if they give you credit for researching the tweet.
- Tweet/Blog about success other people had with growing audiences using threads
- Join conversations about audience growth (Twitter, Reddit, IndieHackers, dedicated communities...)
- Create a generator for Twitter thread ideas (free resources attract eyeballs)
- Advertise in newsletters focused on marketing and growth
- Reach out to people with larger audiences with prepared custom threads ask them for credit.
| BUILD-IT KIT🧰 Build this today with my Build-it Kit
🔒Unlock The Build-It Kit
- Get a killer sales page built in Carrd
Check it out at https://threadster.carrd.co
- Guide to building the order form in Typeform
A quick guide to setup your order form including Stripe payments.
- Get the Threadster.co logo
Don’t pay a designer for a logo to launch your MVP.
- 5 additional ideas to take this to the next level
More ideas for additional features to take this product to the next level.