In 2017, I started to shift away from classical Yoga towards more functional movement and I include lots of styles & modalities in what I teach. Musically, I focus on Mantras and heart songs and I also love to grab the guitar for a jam session of Dylan, Paul Simon, Pearl Jam and beyond.In the last 4 years, my attention has moved towards permaculture, regenerative agriculture and growing food here on Mallorca. In the last few years, I also co-organize @ecstaticdancemallorca
hosting monthly dances with no shoes, no talking, no alcohol or drugs and amazing eclectic electronic music.Instagram worth following:
Favourite place to swim: I am a creature of habit and fell in love with Es Trenc when I first arrived to the island, so I still love that walk towards the beach and to the sea. We go early in the morning to get parking and usually leave by 12-13h when the wind picks up or sun gets strong. Living in Establiments, I also love the convenience of Illetas, following the same rhythm; early arrival / early departure.A place worth eating at:
- @mirjamwagneryin - a wonderful Yoga teacher and inspiration (and my beloved wife)
- @adamguerrero - Mallorca based singer / songwriter who shares incredible original music
- @danielsonicrojas - Movement specialist recently relocated to the island. I train with him often and feel huge expansion in many aspects of my practices
- @paulstamets - the magical world of Mushrooms & Mycilium
- @denischerim - Madrid based photographer capturing ‘Coincidental Moments’
Once again, as a creature of habit, I don’t stray too far from what I know and love.
I am omnivorous in my eating habits so I know these require a broader spectrum of diet, but for those who ‘eat it all’… these places are great!Who is making a product we should know about:
Best month of the year on Mallorca
- @CircleCarbonlabs makes BioChar that has literally supported the recovery of many trees on our land.
- @juan_a_canaves makes essential oils and leads tours to learn about Mallorca’s natural plants
- @blissfulbastards has a few flavors of ’Nutoria’ that keep my sweet tooth and snaking habits satisfied
- Cereria Candela, Sylvia’s home made candles make our home smell incredible and other ones keep the mosquitos away!
: October - The heat has subsided, hopefully the Gota Fria has kissed the dry Earth with her wet rain. The sea is still warm and there comes a perfect temperature for planting Autumn/Winter vegetables and garden projects.What is one other secret/great tip about Mallorca that you'd like to share with our readers:
For those who love to dance but don’t love the ambience of clubs, our Ecstatic Dance Mallorca community is a great refuge. In the summer, we host dances on Friday evenings that usually start with a singing circle. In the Winter months, we host our events on Saturday mornings. The music is always a wide range of upbeat, downtempo, groovy and sometimes sentimental. The no talking part makes it a personal journey and hopefully allows everyone to make it their own experience.
And finally, I have made ‘friends’ with some very kind hearted people around Palma and beyond. I had to adapt to a more Spanish way of interacting at the supermarket, hardware store, gasolinera, etc...; more than just ‘Hello / Good Bye.’ And in taking those few extra minutes to ask about people, to listen to them and to really hear them I have learned a great deal more of Castellano and more importantly, built bridges between humans who come from different lives. Most Mallorquines I know appreciate that extra touch of engaging on a personal level and it has built a beautiful network of kind souls all living on this special island.