|Hey friends 👋Every week I'll send you a summary of the latest teams + jobs that offer location freedom, flexible schedules and greater autonomy.
If you were forwarded this email, you can join the other 1,200+ smart people levelling up their careers by subscribing here.On mixing travel with work:
One of the greatest benefits remote work unlocked is the ability to travel more whilst being employed.
If you want to see more of the world, trade winters for somewhere warmer or just move places completely, there's never been more opportunity to do so.
The fine print is important when researching new jobs. Big difference between "we are open to remote but still maintain an office" vs. "we don't have an office and work from absolutely anywhere".
That's why we're calling out "work from anywhere" as a key benefit when we uncover new companies for you. Maybe you have no interest in moving places - but it's nice to know that you can control your destiny and change locations at any moment 🌏
This week we have an interview with the founder of mental health app, Bravely. They're solving such an important problem for modern workers - excited to share more about their culture 👇
Interview with Melissa Ng, Founder of Bravely
- Tell us about what you do and where your team is located.
Bravely is the smartest way to learn more about yourself and your mental health - from guidebooks filled to the brim with knowledge, to daily life trackers, you'll be equipped with the skills to turn realisations into remedies, for a happier and healthier mental health.We're a fully remote team, spread out across Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, the U.K., and the USA.
- What's a modern benefit you offer your team that isn't mainstream yet?
No questions asked, unlimited, mental health days. Aside from being a mental health company, it just makes sense. If someone is struggling with their mental health, it seems entirely unreasonable to demand productivity from them.
- Tell us about your approach to meetings vs async communication?
When we created our systems and workflows, our principle rule was to have a single source of truth for things. No work should ever only sit in someone's head, completely inaccessible if they weren't online. Once we had that, choosing to have a meeting or work async became purely a matter of choice. Our general rule is calls for high-fidelity, high-discussion type work (brainstorming, workshops), and async is for everything else.
- What's your favourite tool for remote collaboration?
Hands down, Miro. If I can be a little bit cheeky, I'd like to also nominate Notion.
- Can you give us one prediction for the future of work?
As leaders and workers start to demand remote work as the norm, people will start living where they want more and more. This means outside of crowded expensive cities, outside of their home countries. I think that if we manage to solve for the loneliness that remote work can sometimes bring, we'll have a much happier, healthier workforce -- and better mental health for the world!
Latest forward-thinking companies and job opportunities 👇
|Digital Blue Foam:
A user-friendly way to design buildings, data-mine contextual information, & collaborate online (FAST)10 current openings in Design, Engineering, Development & Research
- Work from anywhere 🌎 - Spread across 10 countries, 5 continents, and as many time zones.
- Async communication 💬 - Be Asynchronous, organize tasks in a way that people can work together without being in constant communication.
- Flexible schedule 🗓️ - No set hours. Embrace the fact everyone has a different work style where they most productive.
- Light meetings 🤝 - No meetings, try to minimize where possible.
- Trusting Managers 🦸♀️ - Global team work and build on a foundation of enormous trust.
- Generous vacation 🏖️ - No vacation tracking.
|Claap: is a asynchronous meeting platform. Asynchronous Meetings powered by Claap help you share updates, get feedback and solve problems without the need to be in the same room, at the same time
3 current openings in Design, Engineering & Copywriting
- Work from anywhere 🌎 - Without a physical office we don't need to worry about where someone lives, only finding the very best people for our team.
- Async communication 💬 - We are also big proponents of async communication.
- Light meetings 🤝 - Fast progress without the endless meetings.
- Flexible schedule 🗓️ - Being remote also means everyone can create their own version of the perfect office, working from anywhere and at any time they want, allowing for much-improved work-life-balance.
- Company retreats ✈️ - Instead of spending on an office, we take team trips – a great way to create meaningful connections.
|MurMur: is a collaborative platform where teams create, test, scale, and share working agreements. Send an open application.
- Remote friendly 💻 - We are a fully remote company and we always will be. we are open to applications from anyone in a North American time zone and we're flexible when it comes to relocation down the line.
- Flexible schedule 🗓️ - We offer enormous flexibility by default. Want to take a walk because it's a nice day? We'll see you in a couple hours when you get back.
- Generous vacation 🏖️ - We offer unlimited vacation and trust every member to do what makes sense for them to take care of their mental and physical health so they can have the most impact.
- Trusting Managers 🦸♀️ - That means we are self-organized and self-managed.
|Quaderno: provides automatic tax compliance for SaaS, eCommerce, and digital businesses worldwide.
Send an open application.
- Work from anywhere 🌎 - We are a 100% remote company, so we work from any place that makes us happy. Our team members work from all around Europe and beyond.
- 5 hours working day 🕒 - We like to work hard, but we also believe in balance. That’s why we only work 5 really focused hours per day, ensuring everyone has plenty of time to exercise and enjoy life.
- Light meetings 🤝 - No toxic meetings, no endless phone calls, no bullshit. Just focused work.
- Trusting Managers 🦸♀️ - We’re a small team, so everyone has a lot of autonomy and a huge impact.
- Company retreats ✈️ - Twice a year we organize a company retreat to have a great time, celebrate our work, and experience amazing places together.
|Timetastic: Your simple, easy-to-use staff holiday planner.Send an open application if you are a developer
- Work from anywhere 🌎 - We’re a fully remote team.
- Light meetings 🤝 - You won’t be bogged down in status meetings, we try to leave you alone to get on with your work.
- Flexible schedule 🗓️ - Fancy going part time or flexy hours - we can do that.
- 4 day work week 🕒 - Want to work a 4 day week - no problem.
- No job description 📝 - When most companies recruit they put out a very specific job description, with a very specific person spec. That’s not the case here, if we want good developers we have to be flexible to what you want too.
|Added bytes: make unique tools for creative people. 1 current openings in Development
- Remote friendly 💻 - Added Bytes is a remote-first company.
- Async communication 💬 - We use asynchronous communication wherever possible. If you have a question, add it to the relevant Crisp task or comment in a Google Doc.
- Flexible schedule 🗓️ - Find a schedule which works for you. You do not need to apply for flexible working, it's standard.
- Generous vacation 🏖️ - Flexible holiday policy. The company expects people to use around 30-35 days of holiday per year, not including company closures (so 41-46 days of holiday per year in total).
|Pitch: helps teams build better presentations: collaboratively, effectively, and beautifully.22 current openings in Sales, Data & Analytics, Product, People, Design, Engineering & Marketing
- Work from anywhere 🌎 - Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world.
- Trusting Managers 🦸♀️ - We value flat hierarchies.
- Flexible schedule 🗓️ - Remote-friendly environment with flexible hours.
- Generous vacation 🏖️ - Flexible vacation. Observe public holidays according to your country and culture.
|Tinybird: provide out-of-the-box real-time analytics capabilities for building data products at scale. 10 current openings in Engineering, Marketing, HR, Development & Sales
- Remote friendly 💻 - Freedom to work from wherever suits you best. (limitations depending on role)
- Flexible schedule 🗓️ - Flexible office hours.
- Generous vacation 🏖️ - 23 days of holidays per year. Plus, your birthday off and public holidays, but who’s counting.
Tools & Resources 🔧
- Remotion - connect like everyone's together.
- Klaar - The personalised employee performance, experience, learning and up-skilling platform.
Top stories from last week 💡
- Working vacations have never felt this good - WSJ
- Sustainability over speed: adopting asynchronous communication - Ness Labs
- How to care less about work - The Atlantic